It will repeal the existing national legislation and introduce common and binding regulations for all member states of the Union.
What is personal data?
The GDPR defines personal data as " any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person " (Article 4). The individual can be identified by name, identification number, location information, online identifier.
As you can see, the definition of personal data is quite broad and directly affects not only organizations that store CVs, customer lists, contact information, etc., but also, for example, agencies involved in digital marketing.
The GDPR applies to both automatic and manual means of gathering information.
What will be the impact of the GDPR on digital marketing?
• Tracking of IP addresses is prohibited.
• Profiling will only be possible if the data subject has given his or her consent.
• The data subject must have given his or her consent for his or her personal data to be used for future marketing activities.
• Marketing cannot be targeted on the basis of profiling, ie. you can't run ads based on profiling.
• The data subject must have consented to his personal data being traced.
• The data subject must have consented to receive emails.
• If the data subject has given his or her consent for his or her personal data to be administered and processed for some purpose, he or she must be able to withdraw his or her consent at any time.
• The data subject may request information on what data is stored about him, for what purpose it was collected and with whom it was shared?
How to prepare for GDPR?
• Remove from email lists all people you are not sure have given their consent to.
• Stop buying email lists.
• Invest in writing quality content.
• Start using a CRM system in which to store personal data.
• In the registration forms, ask only for the information you really need.
NIT - New Internet Technologies Ltd. offers ready -made e-learning , in which you can get acquainted with the main provisions of the Regulation, as well as check how ready your organization is to meet the new changes. To see what the training looks like and what we have included in it, watch the video below.