Time and geographical location don’t have influence on distance learning and this makes it considerably more flexible than traditional forms of education. Distance learning can be successfully used both from students and employees, because it allows creation of custom online courses of any type and volume.
Distance learning is not the same as learning materials made in PowerPoint. It can include different types of modules, tests, polls, surveys, etc. Distance learning can simulate a real life situation or can be in the form of an interactive course, using multimedia and gamification elements.
Distance learning is ideal for both self-paced and instructor led learning. It delivers excellent results in all cases.
Evolution of distance learning
Distance learning constantly evolves. In the beginning, only experienced designers and developers could create online courses, but now it is different. Modern technologies make the creation of personalized e-learning materials easier and more affordable. There are different instruments such as learning management systems (LMS) and virual classrooms. People, who want to learn online, don’t have to buy expensive applications anymore. Nowadays, joining a learning of this kind requires only a registration.
Distance learning can be used for:
• creation of virtual repositories (virtual libraries) with controlled access and an option for a constant update;
• creation of different types of courses, exams, exercises;
• assessment and results tracking(reports);
• discussion platform.
Price of Distance Learning
When you estimate the price of your distance learning, you have to keep in mind two main groups of factors:
• technical resources - installation, configuration and maintenance of a learning management systems (LMS);
• human resources - people who are going to work on your course - consultants, developers, administrators, course designers, etc.